What can I say, 2011 was a complete blur. I let life get the better of me and then it got a little out of control. I stopped writing. I stopped working out. I started not feeling as good as I know I can.
What did I learn? Thanks to the advice of some good people here’s a list of things that I took away from they year from a fitness perspective.
- Being physically fit isn’t an option, it’s a necessary part of a balanced life. (Sounds like a breakfast cereal commercial, but so true)
- Food is the most powerful drug that we consume
- Speaking for me, grains, have a dramatic effect on my well being
- Dynamic movement and high intensity work is the best training for improving endurance sports performance
- Running form is something that can be relearned
So what about this challenge? My gym (LAX Crossfit) has put on a challenge, a Paleo Challenge for the first 8 weeks of 2012. It’s a combination of a food log, physical measurements, and before and after pictures. Eat a “Paleo” as you can and workout. Even if I don’t win the gym’s contest, I still win.
I want to take this opportunity to talk about the transition to a mostly paleo life, mixing Crossfit with Endurance sports, and finding that work-life balance.
Thanks for following me. I’ll try to keep it interesting.